Thursday 21 February 2013

Ups and downs

Today was weight in day. At first, I thought i wouldn't blog about it, giving the excuse that this blog was about positives things. But this blog is about dieting and dieting has it's ups and downs. It is hard. Even when you can have so much free food.

So I had a gain. To be honest I was already expecting it. Even thought about not going to the group meeting. Changed my mind, after all, that's what I am there for, support. The gain was higher than what I was expecting. I thought about leaving. But again, I wanted to ear how good other members are doing, they tips and tricks, get motivation from somewhere.

I had a terrible week, I was sick, I had a reaction to the antibiotic and I had a reality call regarding being on my own on a foreign country. I hid all those emotions on food and, then, they all hit me when the consultant asked everyone to a big cheer for me being so brave for staying until the end after a big gain. I got emotional. I almost burst into tears (I actually did, but I'm still hoping no one noticed). I was so ashamed, I wanted to dig a hole and hide inside.

Anyway, I could keep bloging about all the problems, the emotions and make you guys feel sorry for me and, worst of it, I could keep feeling sorry for myself. And keep eating. I'm sure whoever is in this weight battle can relate to that. That's not my objective. I set a new goal for this week, feel proud of myself. Next week, I will beat that scale. To a fresh start (and I raise my tea mug while writing it). I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment